Tours are available any day of the week unless there is a wedding taking place on a given day. During the months of day-light savings time, appointments to show the venue can go even longer! Please contact us to arrange a day and time. We are more than happy to have brides/grooms and their families come out to see Winding Brooks!
You have 14 hours for your day. This includes eight hours prior to your ceremony time for set-up, decorating, rehearsing; and six hours for the ceremony, reception and break-down. Also, if you would like to take your engagement and/or bridal pictures prior to your event in the gardens, we allow up to 2 hours for each of those two photo shoots.
- Spacious enclosed banquet hall which includes a prep kitchen, beverage serving bar, food service room, central air and heat. Six public restrooms, one of which is wheelchair accessible with a hand rail.
- Your choice of two outdoor pergolas for ceremony with seating area for guests.
- Additionally, we offer our service of setting up and/or break-down of tables/chairs, linen rental, and draping with lighting for an additional fee.
- Spacious wedding party dressing rooms for bride and groom with private restrooms in each.
- Rectangular tables (20- six ft. and 14- eight ft.),
- White garden chairs
- 48” round table, and a 4 ft. rectangular table used for the Mr. and Mrs. table
- Wine barrels with a cedar board that can be used for cake and/or dessert presentation.
- A list of local vendors/caterers is offered at the time of booking for your convenience.
- Bridal portrait easel made of cedar wood
- Ceremonial Arch for indoor ceremonies
- Large projection screen
- On-site management during event
- Cart service to and from banquet hall
- Ample parking with attendant
- Evening lighting
When you decide that you would like to book your event at Winding Brooks, a deposit of $1000 is due at the time of booking. We will sit down together and discuss your vision for your special day, go over our list of vendors that you have the option to choose from, and sign a contract to reserve and hold your date. The balance for your event will be due 4 weeks prior to the event.
If Mother Nature does not cooperate with outdoor garden plans, events can easily be moved indoors to our spacious banquet hall where the wedding ceremony can take place and guests can be seated. The banquet hall can be beautifully decorated with a ceremonial arch and draping, and comfortably accommodate up to 250 guests with the dance floor. The banquet hall includes wall-to-wall windows overlooking the garden and ponds. Plan B can work without a glitch!
You may bring in alcohol to provide for your guests. A TABC certified bartender(s) is required through an insured bartending service. Winding Brooks has several bartending services that you may choose from. Security is required for every 100 people and we have several preferred security services for you to choose from as well. Winding Brooks does not provide alcohol.
Yes. For those guests in a wheelchair, they may drive up to the front door to enter the banquet hall via a flat ramp at the event site. A wheelchair accessible restroom is also available. We also have an attendant who offers cart rides to and from the parking area to the event site for those unable to get around well, or to anyone who would like to ride to the banquet hall from the parking lot.
Yes, smoking is allowed in designated areas outside of the buildings. Cigarette butts can be conveniently placed in outside sand containers provided by Winding Brooks. We do not allow smoking inside the buildings.
You are ultimately responsible for your guests, children and adults alike. Please no unattended children, though. All children must be in the presence of their parent or guardian at all times while outdoors. Parent/guardian may bring in games/toys for their children.
We have plenty of electrical outlets throughout the interior of the buildings, and outside the buildings.
Not at this time. We do have a list of preferred caterers from which you can choose that offer a host of different food selections to suit even the most discerning palates. If you desire a professional caterer that is not on our preferred list, they will need to provide Winding Brooks proof of their liability insurance (COI). If you do not prefer a professional caterer, a family member may bring in food.
The breakdown time is part of your 14 hours, and generally takes the last hour (plus) of your event depending on how many items you have brought in. You will need to remove your belongings, decorations, and any items vendors may have brought in. Chairs and tables can easily be placed on rolling carts at the end of the event, or for an additional charge, we will provide that service. No sweeping or mopping is necessary.